Wednesday 23 May 2012

Hey, hey!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I was finishing up some contract work and enjoying the amazing sunshine.

So...a quick post today about a card that made itself.  My scraps live in 1 of 2 baskets.  One basket holds small scraps of my absolute favorite paper that I can't bear to throw out. The other basket is for my larger scraps.

The idea for this card just appeared one day when the scraps lined up in my small scrap basket. 

DSC_0054_edited

The hearts in the old Basic Grey plaid paper came from using the My Favourite Things Hearts a Plenty dienamic die and the teal chevron paper came from my last Paperie Pick post (which you can read here).  These pieces came from two totally different projects but work so well together, don't you think?

I just stapled the pieces together using my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher and stamped the sentiment with the Hero Arts, Sending Smiles set.  Then I put it on some kraft cardstock.  It was that easy.

Here's a close up of my card.

DSC_0055_edited


So, the next time you're picking through your scraps, keep your eyes open.  You never know what great combinations are there waiting to be discovered.

zove

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment