Tuesday 26 June 2012

ICAD2: Day 23

Hey, hey!

I'm still working away on my index cards for ICAD2. How about you?  It's starting to get interesting/challenging as I branch out and try new techniques and color combinations.  So, my here's card for Day 23.

ICAD2_Day24

The background is a wacky combination of acrylic paints. I was experimenting with layers when I added the black.  That was a "flopportunity" because the paint dried faster than I expected and I was left with a mostly black background.

oops!

After rummaging through some drawers I found red embossing powder and embossed the medallion background stamp from Stampin Up!  I added the quote with a white Signo Gel pen. I love the quote but the white pen doesn't feel right. I might change it later. Maybe. I'll let you know if I change my mind.

If you're looking for some added inspiration, go check out the ICAD2 Flickr group.  It's amazing what people are doing with their index cards.

Thanks for stopping by!

zove

Cathie

No comments:

Post a Comment