Monday 20 April 2015

My Favorite Way to Use Vellum

I have a thing for vellum. It is one of the supplies that I love to buy and hoard. It always seems too pretty to use. I can barely ever cut into it. If I do, I save all the scraps..just in case.  And then, I made this page...

April 19_1

...and now I am happy to use up the vellum in my stash.  It was easy enough to make. I scattered some wood veneer butterflies across the page.

April 19_3

Then I put foam adhesive behind the photo and laid the vellum over the top. Here's a closeup...

April 19_2

I love how you can see all the layers. How the vellum softens the wood veneer. It makes the page unified. It changes how everything looks. It transforms it. The vellum brings everything together - like glazing.

Here's another page that I made using some more wood veneers with the same techniques.

April 19_5

Here's a peak underneath...

April 19_6

Here's another page...

April 19_7

This is what it looks like under the vellum. It's a combination of wood veneer pieces, brads and chipboard from my stash that I wanted to use.

April 19_8

I guess this is all part of my "Put It All On the Page" philosophy. I like using my stash almost as much as I like finding creative ways to combine it all and pile it all on a page.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Cathie



No comments:

Post a Comment