Wednesday 8 April 2015

Organizing My Scraps

Wait...What?

Yup, I spent about an hour using my scraps to make these...

April 7_1

That's about 12 layout kits - each one totally unique. Each one designed to make one layout. It didn't take long. Maybe an hour. I organized the scraps in little coordinating clusters, added a sheet of background paper (usually watercolor paper) and that's it.

They look like this...

April 7_2

This Layout Kit is inspired by two scraps of this paper.

April 7_3

It's from an old Studio Calico kit. I loved this paper and just couldn't let these scraps go. So happy to put them on another page. I don't have any plans. Yet. But this little kit has the potential to make something like this...

April 7_4

Inspiring, right? Of course, it needs some mixed media magic, photo/s and some embellishments but it has potential. This is so much better than picking through a scrap bin, don't you think? All I have to do is pick a Layout Kit and a photo and go.

Here are some of the other Layout Kits I put together today.

April 7_5

Some Prima papers mixed in with some leftovers from a 6x6 paper pad by Maggie Holmes'.

April 7_6

And how about that Basic Grey hexagon paper from my all time favorite BG collection, Urban Prairie paper..?  Do you recognize it? I've held onto that for a long time.  The other scraps are from the first Vicki Boutin class I attended at The Paperie in maybe 2008..? Yikes! Talk about hoarding.

April 7_7

You can clearly see that the October Afternoon background paper is from 2010. Obviously not the oldest papers in my stash but it's clearly time to use it.

April 7_8

This last one has a couple of options. I can use either pile of scraps or I can combine them together. I liked how they both looked with the mint paper so I decided to leave my options open and see what happens.

These kits are designed to make a single layout but they also bash my stash and motivate my mojo. I'm taking them with me to The Paperie's Spring Retreat the weekend of April 23. I might use them first thing in the morning to get my mojo going or I might save them for the last day when I'm low on time but have some pics I just have to scrap before going home. I'll let you know how it works out when I get back from the Retreat.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathie


No comments:

Post a Comment